Over the past decade open source solutions like Linux and MySQL have become indispensible for enterprises of all sizes.
Over the last few years open source Business Intelligence solutions like Pentaho and Talend (for Data Integration functions), and Jaspersoft (for Reporting functions) have demonstrated their reliability and scalability in their respective fields.
For more details please have a look at the blog entry here.
Our Rich Client Web based application software will have features for:
- Capturing Business Components such as Business Organizational Structure & Proceses
- Capturing Information Technology (IT) Components such as Business Applications and thier functional modules
- Database metadata information
- Establishing relationships between the Business and IT components
- Creating Wiki pages for all the above information for Search, Knowledge Management and Collaboration
- Integration with MediaWiki (Wiki’s), Bugzilla (Issue Mangement), Apache Solar (Enterprise Search), Berkeley DB XML ( for capturing enterprise data extracted from xml files created by commercial enterprise Data Modeling tools, ETL tools & Reporting tools)
- Reports & Dashboards showcasing the above information
- A virtual machine image based on Ubuntu Linux having all the integration components tied together for easy Enterprise deployment
- Other features asked for by the user community
- TODO: Mention the advantages of using FLASH & Adobe Flex SDK as the front end platform
- TODO: Mention the advantages of using JAVA as the back end platform
- TODO: Mention the advantages of using MetadataPortal to replace any homegrown metadata management solution
- TODO: Mention the advantages of using MetadataPortal to capture metadata information before analysis / design / construction of any major IT Project
- TODO: Mention the advantages of using MetadataPortal to replace any expensive commercial metadata management/ knowledge management solution